OpenOffice Base – Table missing from form

“Data content could not be loaded. There exists no table named …”

I’m a database dunce and not ashamed to admit it. Here’s something that took a while for me to figure out.

Basically, I had to move a client from XP to Windows 7 64bit and connect them back up to their (OpenOffice) MySQL database called ‘mrsjobs’

First I did the necessary steps; installing (both 32 and 64 bit) ODBC connector drivers for MySQL and made the connection to the database which is on another machine.

Everything seemed to be fine. If I opened up the database in OpenOffice Base and double clicked on the table, it opened up fine in it’s spreadsheet-like format.

However, the form associated with it had issues. If I double clicked that, the form would open but then it could not seem to pull data from the table that it was using before. I received the error: ‘Data content could not be loaded. There exists no table named “jobs”.’

I checked the Data Source and although the ‘mrsjobs’ database was listed, there was a prefix attached to the table ‘jobs’. So, the XP machine has Database Name: mrsjobs and Table Name: jobs. The Windows 7 machine has Database Name: mrsjobs and Table Name: mrsjobs.jobs.

So I did this:

  1. Edit form by right-clicking > Edit
  2. Click Form Navigator Button (see image 1)
  3. Right-click Form in Navigator Window and choose Properties (see image 2)
  4. Click the Data Tab > choose your table from the drop-down list in the Content field. (see image 3)
  5. Close everything and make sure you save when asked to.

1 Form Navigator Button

2 Form Properties

3 Data Tab Content

Hope this solves it for others. It took me quite a bit of playing around to figure it out.

One Reply to “OpenOffice Base – Table missing from form”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *